What is Sealcoating for asphalt?
Sealcoating, or pavement sealing, is the process of applying a protective coating to asphalt-based pavements to provide a layer of protection from the elements: water, oils, and U.V. damage. Sealcoating extends asphalt pavement life and can help reduce the friction commonly associated with asphalt pavement.
How often should I sealcoat?
As a general guideline, you should seal every 3-5 years. We proudly use the most durable sealant and crack filler available on the market. The average life span of our work depends on a number of different factors, such as:
• High vehicle traffic
• Heavy-duty vehicles
• Overhead vegetation
• Harsh winter temperatures
• Degrading (crumbling) surface
• Scraping from snow plowing
• Chains on tires
• Chemical spills
• Low spots that hold water
When we come to inspect and measure your parking lot, we can give you a better idea of how long our services will last on your particular lot.
Why should I have my pavement seal coated & crack filled?
Besides making your pavement look new again, our commercial grade coal tar sealer protects pavements from the destructive elements of the weather, gas, oil, antifreeze, and many other chemicals that could damage the paved surface. You need to protect your investment, and that’s where we come in.
| Resists gas and oil drippings
| Diminishes weather damage
| Beautifies asphalt surfaces
| Helps winter snow melt & Traction
Why should I choose Asphalt Advanced Services for asphalt maintenance
At Asphalt Advanced Services, we work hard to make sure our sealcoating process is done right every time. We seal with a strong lacquer and add sand to our sealcoating mixture to make it more durable. We use commercial-grade Coal-Tar Emulsion Sealer on all of our projects, so our customers can count on maximum durability.
How do you come up with your pricing?
As a family-owned business, we understand that you are interested in getting the lowest price. However, please keep in mind that there are many different ways to sealcoat, and many different types of sealcoating material.
It is very easy for a sealcoating company to cut corners on labor & material. When it comes to pavement maintenance, price and quality truly go hand in hand. We work hard to keep our prices as competitive as possible, but our number one priority will always be to use the highest quality, and longest-lasting, material. Please also consider these important factors:
- Cleaning is the most crucial step in the sealcoating process, because it ensures that the sealer will adhere properly to your parking lot. We clean your parking lot using robust equipment –combination walk behind blowers/rotary brooms, turbine blowers, and sweepers. Always check with a sealcoating company to see what kind of equipment they use to clean your parking lot.
- We invest heavily in our equipment and utilize an advanced spray system, as well as application techniques. This allows us to guarantee a consistent application of material.
- Our mix design does not cut corners. Always ask a sealcoating company for their mix design to ensure that they are not diluting their material with too much water.
“The Bitterness of poor quality remains long after the Sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
What asphalt services do you offer?
We offer asphalt sealcoating, asphalt paving, asphalt maintenance and repair, asphalt crack filling, asphalt patching, and parking lot striping.